Start Date: 1 November 2023- at 17.00 (5:00 PM) (German and English)
Thursday 4 april 2024- at 17.00 (5:00 PM) (English)
(weekly, 5 lessons – Intensive Course)
Exam Date: 13 December 2023 and
Wednesday 15 may 2024
Price*: EUR 899
Location: Groninger Straße, 48 – 13347 Berlin
Registration Deadline: 5 days in advance
LEVEL 3 INTENSIVE COURSE DETAILS:
About the course:
- This is the last and certainly the most exciting phase in order to be certified as a sommelier. It focuses on how to pair dishes with wine. This technique is a clear concept with specially developed teaching and learning materials and a sophisticated methodology for analysing suitable food and wine combinations.
- To be admitted to a level 3 course you need to have successfully completed level 1 and 2.
- The previous levels may also have been completed at any of the schools associated with Europäische Sommelier Schule.
What you will learn:
- Organoleptic analysis of different food components and dishes
- Blind sensory analysis of different grape varieties
- Complementing techniques of international food and wines
- Chemical and physical changes to food due to different cooking methods
- Tasting technique of wines in relation to different sensations
- Methods for complementing wine with food
- 120 minute written exam: multiple-choice and open questions to be answered
- Practical exam: Serve, taste and discuss the wine in front of a committee
What is included in the course fee:
- Course and exercise Book
- Wines and dishes for tasting for each lesson
- Tutorial materials
- Exclusive sommelier tools
- Exam and certification
Terms & Conditions:
- The registration is binding and the costs will not be reimbursed.
- Paid card membership (84,00€) for the current year is obligatory in order to participate in the course.
- *Payments: At the registration, to reserve your place: 384,00 € (84,00€ membership card (if not acquired yet) and 300,00€ down payment Course fee) with last payment 499,00€ 5 days before the first lesson.
- Minimum age: 18 year at the start of the course.