LEVEL 1 COURSE DETAILS:
About the course:
- Level 1 course is an overview and foundation for the wine lover who wants to be introduced in a structured way to the world of wine and gain insights in how wine is made and how it affects the taste.
- The qualification aims to provide the basic product knowledge and skills in the service and retail of wine to prepare a person for their first job in hospitality, retail or wine marketing.
- Each lesson includes a professional tasting of different wines. We will train you in the recognition of quality, sensory characteristics, wine description and how to use the tasting card.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of alcoholic beverages
- Students have to be 18 year or older at the starting day of the course.
What you will learn:
- Task of the Sommelier
- Sensoric Analysis
- Technique of tasting
- Use of tasting card and other sommelier tools
- Description of wine
- Introduction to different spirits
- Basic Oenology
- Laws and regulations
- 120 minute written exam: multiple-choice and open questions to be answered
What is included in the course fee:
- Book and Exercise Book
- Wines for Tasting at each meeting
- Tutorial Materials
- Examination and certification
- Selected sommelier tools
Terms & Conditions:
- The registration is binding and the costs will not be reimbursed.
- Paid card membership (84,00€) for the current year is obligatory in order to participate in the course.
- *Payments: At the registration, to reserve your place: 384,00 € (84,00€ membership card (if not acquired yet) and 300,00€ down payment Course fee) with last payment 499,00€ 15 days before the first lesson.
- Minimum age: 18 year at the start of the course.